Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ward Beach Party!

We had a great ward activity tonight at the beach. We are not usually really big beach people but we had such a fun time. There was lots of food, friends and fun. The girls are actually starting to really like the water, as long as someone's holding onto them. The night would have been perfect but toward the end Lauren and I got wiped out by a big wave. We were standing in ankle high water and we were looking to the side at some dolphins and out of nowhere a huge wave hit us. Needless to say, we were very surprised and of course I hadn't worn my swim attire thinking I wasn't planning of getting wet. Poor planning. We definately went home wet. Despite our dousing, it was a beautiful evening at the beach and we had a wonderful time.



4 comments:

Zappe Family said...

How fun! Ward activity at the beach! :) Enjoy!

Amber said...

Look at those happy faces! I'm glad you survived the big wave :) You'll have to stop by my blog. There's a cute picture of Lauren from our pool day last week. I hope you don't mind me posting it.

Janice said...

Well--went home and created a blog! No pictures yet, haven't learned that much!

HastingsFamily6.blogspot.com

Maigen said...

Thanks for your comment, and for reading my blog!! I'm glad we can all "keep in touch" a little this way!
Cute pics!! Did she eat sand?! Hee hee!