Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 4th!

We had a really great 4th of July. We kicked off the holiday with a little sleepover at the Scotts. We do this so us adults can stay up and eat, talk and play games into the wee hours of the morning (we usually pay for it the next day but it's worth the tiredness to have adult time.) Friday morning we wen to the 4th of July parade in Huntington Beach. Although it lacked some excitement, the girls loved the fire trucks and horses. We then went back home and swam and ate and later that night we went to Hickory Park to enjoy the Torrance firework show. This is the first year we've actually watched it and I was surprised at how good it was. The girls loved the fireworks although Emily required "headphones" to tolerate the noise (see picture below). I love the 4th of July. I think I love it so much because of the memories it brings back for me. As a kid we spent every 4th at my grandparents in Carnation, WA. If fact, the past couple of years have been a little strange, not being there. For me the 4th is not only about celebrating the freedoms we are so blessed to have, but to celebrate family as well. I have such fond memories of spending time with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. I hope that Jason and I can create those same kind of memories for our kids. CHEEEEEESE!


Her "headphones"-apparently they help.
I am so thankful for this country, for the freedoms we experience each and every day and for those who have fought and continue to fight to keep our country free. I feel so blessed to live here and to have such a beautiful little family to share it all with.

2 comments:

Zappe Family said...

What a fun 4th! Allison has the same shirt as Lauren. :)

Joanne said...

So fun. The pics were so cute. And Lauren is so funny and cute. She's gettin so big. I love 4th of July. And yes I love this country.