Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We loved spending this special holiday with our little family. As I thought about my growing up, my fondest memory of Easter was our family Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Hall's. They had a wonderful yard and the adults would hide hundreds of eggs while the kids waited inside. Once they were done, we were released. It was madness but it was so special. At the time the candy and the money filled eggs seemed to be the reason it was so special but now that I am older (and hopefully wiser) I recognize that it was simply the opportunity to be with family, especially on such a special holiday. What a wonderful chance to focus on the life of our Savior and the blessings we have been given.
The best tradition-Easter dresses. (mostly exciting for mom)
The baskets-Lauren not quite sure about it all.

3 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Love their dresses! So, so cute! Absolutely LOVE Lauren's curly band!! I can't believe how much Lauren looks like Jason in the last pic! Such cute girls! Happy belated Easter.

JS said...

I love that their dresses match, but are different. I love it! Happy Easter!

Garrett said...

Lisa - Those are some of the best memories I have of my childhood. The Easter egg hunt out at grandma's was such a fun experience. I can't say that I always felt the true importance of Easter as a kid, but in a very real way, it always seemed like a little taste of what heaven will be. I feel so lucky that I had so many great cousins whom I got to see on a regular basis. I still look up to all of my cousins to this day and still cherish the times we spent together.

Of course, now that I am a parent, I realize that setting those things up and being consistent about them is actually work. It makes me appreciate our parents a lot more. It's great to see that you are committed to carrying on the traditions.

We love you guys and hope to see you in the near future!

Garrett