Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a fun little Valentine's Day. It started with flowers for the girls (Jason always gets me flowers and now Emily gets her own bunch too, it's super cute.) Jason always picks out the most beautiful flowers, perks of being married to a horticulture guy. The night before Valentine's, my young women made little cards for some elderly people at a nursing home by the church, so on Thursday I took Emily to deliver the cards. I wasn't too sure how well she would handle the nursing home but I wanted her to have a chance to serve someone else. She was so cute. We went into the room where they were having a little party and she passed our all of her cards and said "Happy Valentine's" to each one. The people loved it and Emily had a blast. I was so proud of her. It was one of the those times when you feel like you are really teaching your kids something about life. My mom used to take me to a nursing home to pass out juice when I was little and it's something I have always remembered, so it was nice to pass that on. And for her efforts, she walked away with a heart balloon and a ton of candy. We then celebrated Valentine's night with a good dinner at home and German chocolate pie (Marie Calendar's of course.) We actually went out to dinner on Friday night, we always avoid the crowds Valentine's night. All and all it was a great day and a great reminder of how special my family is.
Our two Favorite Valentine's!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

They are so cute!

JS said...

I LOVE YOUR girls! What a great mom you are, and how freakin cute is that pic of Lauren and emily! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Loves!