Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!

I am proud to have had the opportunity to have vote today. I am grateful to live in a country where we have a voice and hopefully that voice is heard. It's seems like this has been a very long race, I am definately ready for it to over. Right now, as much as the presidential election, I am concerned about the vote on Proposition 8. For those of you is California, you know the struggle. For those of you outside of California, your turn will come. This will not end with California. This has been a long and hard fought battle and I can only pray that the outcome is such that traditional marriage is protected. It has been a priviledge to stand up for my beliefs and values. And though this specific issue is nearing a finish line (one way or the other), we will have many other races to run in order to protect our beliefs. So get out and exercise your constitutional right. And if you live in California, Vote Yes of 8.

3 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Thanks for all your hard work. I saw that it's passing so far! I'll keep it in my prayers!!!

JS said...

Missing you guys! Sorry we have been "absent". My 4 callings have been getting to me lately. :)

Have fun on your trip, and I am ready for more playdates when you get back.

Garrett said...

Great job supporting Prop 8. The pro-marriage amendments in CA, AZ, and FL helped to brighten up an otherwise - in my opinion - gloomy day.

It's unfortunate to see the hateful backlash as those on the losing side try to discount the victory - even though they would have hailed their own victory as being set in stone forever had they won. Now they appear to be scapegoating the LDS Church as if it and its members did something wrong. It is mere puffery and it shall pass.

So, great job! You are modern-day Captain Moroni's! Keep up the great work and we'll see you in Missouri in a couple of years. :)