Thursday, May 1, 2008

2 Accident Free Days!

(for obvious reason there will be not pictures with this post.) So we have been a little off the radar because we started potty training this week. This has been something I have dreaded. In fact, I think I'm probably the one who has held up the process just because I wasn't ready for the whole ordeal. Well.....(now that hindsights 20/20) it has actually not been too bad. Sunday and Monday were challenging. Monday night I started thinking that maybe diapers weren't THAT expensive. We had plenty of accidents and I was sort of thinking maybe she wasn't ready yet. But she has proved us wrong. She has been such a champ the last couple of days. As of right now, she has not had an accident since Tuesday morning, not to mention that she has used the restroom at Costco, the park and at a work meeting with dad. As long as we have her little seat that goes on the big toilet she set to go. Yes, I know, we have to carry it with us, but I've disquised it in a lovely gift bag. It just looks like we carry gifts every where we go. Could be worse. I was pretty adament that she didn't need to use one of those portable pottys but after Monday I started to reconsider. Once again, Emily has been amazing. She's only used her little seat and spared us having to buy (and eventually store) the potty chair. All and all this has been a somewhat pleasant (if that's possible) experience and I have to say that it's been so nice to not change so many diapers. We're so proud of our "big girl" (as she keeps telling us..)

5 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Hooray, hooray! :) That's so exciting! Way to be brave, Mom! I'm right there with you...I know I put it off because Bubs was so crabby about it and kept refusing to even think about it...so I had to just do it COLD TURKEY one day and it was only bad for that one day. He's had a few accidents since then, but all in all...it's so worth it to not have to buy diapers for two! :) Hooray!!

dixonfamily said...

Potty training success!! Good for you guys! At one time we had three kids in diapers/pull-ups. Now, having two kids wearing undies full time, it is amazing how much money we save and how much less we have to empty the trash. Here's to going in the toilet!

Tara and Orlando said...

Congratulations! Definately a big girl now! :)

wendy_d23 said...

Congrats! Its such a wonderful feeling. We have been good for about a month now and naps are great too, but I am still scared to try for a full night. I think I am more proud than he is though. But its all down hill from now. Hooray for only one kid it diapers!

thegreatscotts said...

that is so exciting... She is a big girl! Counting down the days! :)