Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Out of the mouth of...Lauren!

I don't often write down the funny things my kids say. I know that's a mistake but it's just something I haven't made a good habit of but I could hardly let this one slide. A little background, Lauren has been working on her "please, thank you's and mostly excuse me's" lately, she's really into it.
So this is how a little conversation went in our car last night:
Lauren: (burp)
Mom & Dad: "Lauren, what do you say?"
Lauren: "Excuse me?"
M & D: "Right, thank you."
Lauren: "We say excuse me when we burp or toot."
M & D: "Good job Lauren!"
Lauren:......"and when dogs poop!!"
M & D: ????? (what are you supposed to say to that)
Emily: (she did add some insight) "Dogs don't say excuse me, they only bark....and cats meow."
Such funny kids. I'll have to start writing down some more of the insights on life!

Just thought you'd want a image of this crazy kid!!