Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break!

Last week was Emily's spring break and instead of staying home and finding something to do everyday, I took to opportunity to drive up to my sister's in Sacramento. I was pretty nervous to do the 7 hour drive with the girls by myself but it actually turned out really great. The girls were amazing in the car and we made it both ways safely. At my sister's, Emily was in heaven. She loved playing with her cousins. Three of them are older than her but they were so sweet to play with her and include her in everything. She couldn't get enough! Lauren pretty much spent the week following the big kids and playing with new toys. The first day we were there we threw all 7 kids in the car and drove into the San Francisco zoo. It was a great zoo and the kids had really fun time. We couldn't get close to see the chimpanzees because they were agitated. It was weird, there were zoo workers all around their habitat keeping people from going too close. My sister asked what they do when they're agitated and the worker said they throw things. We stayed a safe distance away. My girls really loved the gorillas and the bears but most of all loved being with cousins. Thanks to my sister's husband, she and I even got to go out to dinner and Target (where else would we go when we get time to ourselves) one night. We had a great time, it was hard to leave but we had a daddy at home that we missed.



1 comment:

Joanne said...

You and Heather W. are too brave to drive that far. You guys are so awesome. what a fun Spring break. I love spending time with fam. I also love their easter Outfits. TOO CUTE!!! Yeah, on my blog I posted..What am I going to do if I have girls. haahaa