Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Cute sisters in their Easter dresses! I love Easter dresses but I decided next year I need one too. I always get the girls all dressed up and then go pick some old ensemble from my wardrobe. I won't buy a matching dress with them but Easter seems like a great excuse for something new and cute!
The girls woke up to cute Easter baskets ( which I did not photograph of course.) Later in the afternoon after church Jason took the garbage out and luckily he spotted the Easter bunny just leaving our little grass area. He came in and told the girls and they ran out to find that the Easter bunny had left them lots of little eggs with surprises in them. They were so excited. Emily just kept asking Jason where exactly he saw the bunny and which way it went. She really wanted to go track him down

Emily also sang with the primary in Sacrament for the first time. She loved it and did a great job!

Heard in Primary:(so I didn't hear it but her primary teacher told me) They were talking about Jesus and His sacrifice for us and they asked the kids: "If someone you loved was in danger, would you sacrifice your life for them." Emily raised her hand and said "If maybe my mom and dad weren't paying attention (I sure hope not) and Lauren fell in the pool, I jump in and get her."

I love the pure love and charity children!! If only we were all that way! Hope you all had a happy Easter!

3 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Cute matching dresses and I'm so jealous to see them in shorts!!! Wow! Could you send some sunshine our way?? I also had to laugh at your comment about getting cute outfits for the kiddos and just putting on the same ol' clothes for yourself. I was thinking the same thing yesterday as I got dressed in the same ol' outfit...although...we're in a different ward now and they didn't know it was the same ol' outfit! I pulled a fast one on them.

Okay...8 mile long comment here! You're girls are so cute!

Tony and Ali Rico said...

Lisa, I am so glad that you found me:) Thanks for the comment. Your family is beautiful! I'm definitely going to add you to my list to keep up! I will be out there this summer and I would love to see you and your family.

Tony and Ali Rico said...

So sorry to leave you another message, but I was wondering if you could ask Jill to invite me on to her blog??? I just noticed her on your list. I would love to see how she is doing. Thanks Lisa:)