Thursday, September 18, 2008

Preschool, Yeah!

Emily started preschool this week and (double yeah) she loves it. She love her teacher, Miss Claire and has had no problems going. Lauren, on the other hand, cries and screams Emily's name when she goes. So far, we have some beautiful paintings to show for her efforts. Today, I asked her what songs they sang and she told me "Wheels on the Bus" but she told me that her teacher didn't know "I am a Child of God." (for obvious reasons). I asked if she had suggested that song and she said "Yes, but noboby could sing it." Hopefully, that's a good start to her lifetime missionary efforts.
Here she is on her first day, empty backpack and all. Funniest thing, that all kids associate a backpack with school even if they don't need it.


8 comments:

Zappe Family said...

hooray! :) That's so fun! Now you get some alone time with Lauren. :) Fun, fun! What a sweet story about her song request! She's a sister missionary in the making... :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she loves preschool!! What a huge blessing!!

The girls are so cute- you should have 20 of them!!!

JS said...

I can't believe she is in preschool! She looks so cute and I love her song choice.

When I taught kindergarten in Provo, a child asked to sing "the spirit of god like a fire is burning" (with a lisp) and I said, "we shouldn't sing that song, no one knows it." And everyone said, "Yes we do!"... awkward. :)

Whitney said...

So cute! That is great she is in school now! I can't believe how big she is.

Rachel said...

How exciting! That is such a sweet story about I am a child of God. What a good little missionary!

Amber said...

That's great that Emily is loving preschool. I knew she would like Claire. And I love that she suggested the song "I am a Child of God"...so sweet.

Tara and Orlando said...

That is so cute! The song, backback, and even Lauren crying when she leaves.

The Jensen Family said...

I love it! It was fun to hear how excited she was for school when I talked to her on the phone.
Clark loves the picture of Emily with the backpack and now when he puts on his backpack in the morning to follow Brian out the door, he says "Clark go to school with Dad and Emily!!!" because obviously they go to the same school. :)