Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just one of those days....

Today was "just one of those days." It wasn't bad, in fact it was a really good day just with lots of twists and turns. We started the day by going to a park in our area that we had never been to. It has this great rocket ship toy. Emily imediately fell in love. It's pretty high, with 4 ladders to climb to get to the top. She was a champ. I couldn't help but feel proud of how brave she is. Sometimes it's a little scary but she is so adventurous. She went up and down those ladders about 5 times. I was thoroughly impressed. So that was a high. While at the park, I went down the slide with her. It was super fast, kindof shocked me and I let out a "holy crap." She didn't seem to noticed then but later in the day she was playing with her Little People and she had them all saying "holy crap, holy crap". I could hardly be mad since it was pretty cute. Eye opener, I really have to watch what I say. Another high was how good my girls played together today. Emily is so good to Lauren. Lauren love the swings at the park and Emily is great to push her. At this point Emily still even likes to share her toys with Lauren. I'm sure there is a time when it will not be so simple so I'm enjoying these moments now. Well, later tonight Emily was playing with her dolls and really wanted to push Lauren in her doll stroller so I obliged. It was super cute to watch. Emily was so proud and Lauren just giggled and giggled until....Lauren fell out onto the kitchen floor, the lowest point of the day. As soon as I picked her up, she had the biggest bump and it was already black and blue. It was a nervewracking couple of hours watching her to make sure she was ok but fortunately she seems to have weathered the storm. What a trooper! At the end of the day, what can I say, it was "just one of those days." (With many more to come, I'm sure.)

The Rocket Ship... with little tiny Emily at the top.
Good times in the swing and the stroller.
Pre-accident...having fun.

6 comments:

Amberli said...

Hello! So happy to discover that you have a blog! We'll be keeping tabs on you guys now! You're girls are gorgeous! I can't get enough of those blond little ladies. It's going to be fun getting caught up on your lives. Thanks for visiting our blog too! Hope you are well!

JS said...

Love the rocketship! Sad about the spill, but gotta love the pic of Emily pushing Lauren around. How cute is that!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Lisa,
So glad that you got your comments fixed so I can actually say hi instead of unofficially stalking you! It's been so long and great to see your beautiful girls. This will be a great way to keep in touch.

Zappe Family said...

Just the other day we caught Mitchell saying holy crap too! It's crazy the things they remember and say (vs. the many things we try to teach that they don't say!) Sorry to hear about the giant spill from the stroller! I haven't let Mitchell do that with Allison because I know for sure it would be trouble! Glad you figured out the comments feature!

wendy_d23 said...

I am so glad you have comments now so I am not also just a blog stalker! Can I say how adorable your girls are? Its such a good way to keep in touch with the old FW crowd! You need to convince Natalie to start one so I can finally see her kids!
I am glad your girls play together well, we are still working on that.
And Sawyer is often to be heard saying "dang it." I just can't help it!

Maigen said...

Oh my gosh, your kids look JUST LIKE YOU! How adorable are they?
So... LOVE the blogging thing, so fun to see what everyone is up to! It looks like you are having a blast! Check mine out at gotbombshell.blogspot.com
And yes, I am still the SAME OLD MAIGEN!
my email is maigenificent@gmail.com
I'd love to hear from you!