Friday, October 10, 2008

So it has begun....

I love Emily's preschool. Emily loves her preschool. When I signed her up I had only one reservation. I dreaded the day when we would see a varied array of diseases run their course through our home due to the fact that Emily spends a whopping 4 hours a week with 17 other 3-4 olds. So yesterday, 6 of the 18 kids in her class were absent, assumably home ailing from one disease or another. So, like clockwork, last night it happened. Emily got sick, tummy sick, the best variety. Now we will hold our breathes for the next few days, praying it doesn't pass on to the rest of us. If tradition persists, Lauren and Jason will get it. I will be spared, I think, for the sole purpose of taking care of everyone else. We hope all is well with you in your homes. If you're kids aren't big enough for nursery or school yet, just wait, you'll understand all too soon.
In light of all this, I do have to say I have the best husband. He is such a trooper when the kids are sick, in fact, he is the one that ends up sleeping with them and taking care of them in the middle of the night. Last night he and Emily watched "Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang" about 1 am. What a guy!

P.S. I just want to note that while I was posting this, the police department called. Apparently someone in our home dialed 911 and they just wanted to make sure we were ok. It's going to be a great day.

6 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Maybe the police are predicting something...:) The timing of that call is perfect. Oh Lisa! I'm sorry. Sicky kids are awful! I'm hoping and praying that it's a quick one and that you stay sane! The joys of preschool and nursery!

Whitney said...

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry! We really pray that this baby gets Jeffs immune system because I always catch stuff like I was a 4 year old. When we were in nursery I was sick the whole time. and when I taught at BYU preschool I was sick the whole time! Its miserable! I can't believe how quick things pass around and I'm a total germaphobe but no matter what I do I seem to get it! Good luck! I guess its time to get flu shots!

The Jensen Family said...

Oh, that's no fun. I hope Emily is feeling better and that the rest of you are spared this time around. I love the call to police department....you have to love those little fingers!

Tara and Orlando said...

Eek. Good luck. I hope it stays only with Emily and that she recovers quickly.

Garrett said...

Lisa -

I completely understand. I think we have been passing the same sickness around our house for three weeks. I'm fine with getting sick - it has to happen sometimes - but what's worse is when we are all sick, sleep-deprived and grumpy.

It's fun to look through your blog. I don't go "blogging" as often as I should but it's nice to be able to catch up on what everyone is doing. Your kids are so cute! It's still hard to believe that we have kids. It seems like a few years ago we were running around Carnation.

I hope all is well with your parents and siblings. Please give them our love. Next time we are out West, we should get together.

The Jensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Miss Lisa!!!!
We are sorry to report that we failed to get a card in the mail, but we wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and hope you have had a great day.
Hope Jason and the girls spoiled you because you definitely deserve it.
Hope all is well with the four of you and that you are all healthy by now.
Love,
Natalie, Brian, Clark and Logan